Grains Make Long, Strong and Thick Hair.

It's been less than two weeks of building the health of our family from the grains up.  It seems that every where I look I see evidences why grains are the most essential part of our diet.

I want to share something with you all that has been a concern for me for about a year now.  That is hair health.  In our family, we've always had very thick, shiny and very fast growing hair, in the past year, that began to change for me and I knew that I had to look inside the body for the answer rather than look for topical treatments that, while they do help to complement a healthy diet and lifestyle and add the finishing touches to good health, are not the foundation of any health improvements.  So I began researching and asking questions.

I went to health food stores here in Iran with my unsophisticated farsi, I asked friends, I looked online but my problem remained.  Then a few months ago a friend of the family gave us a big container of wheat paste that they make here in Iran that they all enthusiastically eat because many people have commented to me on the great effects of this wheat dish on delaying the graying of hair.  Ok.  So that was great but for one thing, I did not have the recipe for this dish that they say takes all night to prepare (but I finished eating within a week) and secondly, it was not what I could bring into our diet on a daily basis.

So.  What happened.  When I began looking from the earth up and in the Quran outwards for ways to build an entire health system that I hoped like everything in Islam was so simple that anyone could do it, afford it and be able to incorporate no matter which country or which sanctions they were challenged with; and without the great and many health varieties and convenient ways to find all the health products like I left behind in Canada and which my best friend reminded me how great it is to have them - I found the solution to my hair challenge.

Apple Halva with Cashew nuts and Indian spices


We've put wheat, semolina, barley first in every single meal that I plan as well as including a mixture of roasted cannabis seeds (we'll talk about cannabis or marajuana seeds later) and wheat as in between and on the go snacks.  Suddlenly the hair that I sort of began to ignore because I could not find a solution for started becoming incredibly strong and started to grow much faster.




Then I went back to find some evidences so that I could explain it to myself and to all of you and found that yes it was definately the wheat and barley as well as the cannabis seeds because firstly, it's the only thing I changed and secondly because wheat and barley (grains) contain: proteins, calcium, vitamins A, E, B6, zinc and selenium, and copper, and cannabis seeds contain both Omega 3 and Omega 6 (the omega 3's are important for the hair).  So there was the answer, apart from vitamin C which is also important for hair growth they say everything was in the grains we had begun to eat in every meal.  The vitamin C could be incorporated by adding dried apricots to the breakfast cereal and if you wanted extra calcium, iron and copper just add the 21 raisins that our Holy Prophet has recommended to eat for every illness except death.



I was so happy for these discoveries because they were so simple, easy and common sense.  Everything that I was using to make our bones, teeth and structure stronger from the cells outwards was actually presenting itself on the outside - and fast.

I havn't met anyone yet who was not either concerned or sensitive about the looks of their hair.

Mediteranean Eggplant and Barley Salad

There is one more point that I wanted to mention which I found as an aha moment.  I noticed that while my hair was suddenly incredibly strong (yes I tug at it) and I started having a lot of it (I noticed this in all of my three boys too), but still my hair was of a wheat texture.  You know how wheat is incredibly hard, strong and thick but it does not have shine and is not soft.  For that we need to add the oils of olive and honey (we ran out of honey) because honey attracts moisture from the air and brings it to the body and hair.  So here you can add your apple cider vinegar and honey drink or add honey as a sweetner to your wheat or semolina breakfasts and you will get the shine and softness in your hair.

Ok, that's the end of my hair and grains discovery but I have a surprise in store about the hair and grains for one of my next post that I know you are going to love.

Until then...more wheat to you.

Comments