Cuisine fusion for enhancing flavors, health, originality and a greater self-knowledge


As I completed my second post this morning, my mind stayed busy.  I began thinking of how to bring the careful food preparation and skilled play of flavors of Korea into Iranian food in order to perhaps develop a favorite Iranian dish - Gormeh Sabzi.

Gormeh Sabzi is a stew made with lamb, kidney beans (variation of beans are often used), various herbs (such as fenugreek, green onions and coriander).  The  flavors come from the pierced, dried Omani limes, fried onions and garlic, fried herbs and after the stewing of those herbs with the meat and beans.

I started thinking about "stir fry slicing" the meat and then marinating that meat in lemon or lime mixture overnight to enhance the flavors of the lemony meat (perhaps resulting in a venison flavor) and then changing the initial preparation of the herbs to something that keeps the integrity of the herbs rather than cooking away their nutrition in the initial frying process (the crucial part of the stew process).  The process is open for experimentation still.  So I went to sleep and thought I would leave it for now.

Often when I wake up I find an answer for the thoughts I was pondering before I slept.  Although I did not get answers per se (the thoughts about the gormeh sabzi were only thoughts) I awoke this morning to thoughts of precision of flavors particularly of the Korean art of cooking and knew there was a road there open for me to take.  But the point of what I am saying lies in what I stumbled across when I googled the key words Korean, precision and taste.

I was taken to an article of an L.A., Korean chef (Roy Choi) who brings together the flavors and food experience of Korea, L.A, Latino, Mexican and Bangladeshi cuisine to explore and find a greater sense of his own ethnic originality and express it in his food.  His creations have found great success in L.A. and been given respect especially across these two ethnic groups and I'm sure others who want to enhance the multiple cultures that they find their selves thinking and living in day to day (like myself) and pair that with an enhancement of the health aspect of each individual cuisine.

I just thought I would add a link to this article for the likes of some of you out there who want to enhance your creativity in health and food by adding a new dimension of cultural culinary marriage and understanding that is often done these days.

I'm looking forward to any ideas that may be shared in this discipline by any who read the article.

Comments