Fasting Made Easy Thanks To Grains.

I wanted to let everyone know that although I met great challenges fasting last year with what became an irregular eating schedule and a neglect in my own food habits rather than those of my children ( I would actually forget to eat sometimes as long as the children were fed although our food was still natural and home cooked.  Needless to say I was fearing the long 17 and a half hour days this year.  To my great surprise, my fasting has gotten back to what it used to be years ago thanks to what I know is our greater intake of grains (lentils, Barley, Bulgur, semolina etc).

I can now face the long extremely hot days (today was 53 degrees here in Qom) and still go out and do my things in the heat and yet not even face any weakness in my health.  I realized that it could only be due to our great strength that we have gained from putting grains first.

I have found that quite a number of people around me are facing anaemia and immediately turn to meat to solve their problem, however, I advise them to turn instead to grains, dates and chicken liver to solve their problem because by the grace of God my children (even my middle son who is so picky) has rosy cheeks and has gained quite a healthy overall appearance and they all have nice healthy cheeks.  In addition their attitudes (thanks to the B6 found in grains) have also become notably more positive. Thank God for grains.



Comments